We're not the best at maintaining our blog...maybe one day we'll get better!

We live and teach at an international school in South Korea. We're starting our 4th year and are not sure when we'll end up leaving! We really love our jobs and we get to travel all over the world and see some amazing things. We feel very blessed to be living the lives we are, and all glory goes to God! He is our reason for living.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

North Korea, South Korea, Marilyn Monroe

Apparently, this afternoon, North Korea shot shells at Yeonpyeong island, a small island west of Seoul in South Korea. South Korea has fired back.  Two people have been killed, and maybe 20 injured. Not sure what is going to happen, but praying that God keeps us all safe. So far, we are fine and having no problems, but our administration is closely monitoring the situation and will let us know as any needs arise.

Here is an article from Reuters:
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6AM0YS20101123?pageNumber=1
And another from JoongAng Daily:
http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2928751
Huffington Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/23/korea-attack-yeonpyeong-island_n_787294.html
NY Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/24/world/asia/24korea.html?_r=1&hp

Hopefully this will not escalate into a full-fledged war. Keep us in your prayers over here, though! I jokingly commented to my co-worker tonight..."if Koreas go to war, do you think GSIS will let us out of our two-year contract?" :)

I will say that I have finally decided to register myself with the U.S. Embassy, however! I have been meaning to do this for over 2 yrs, so now I actually have a reason to do it.

No comments: