This weekend I attended an inquiry for teaching and learning workshop in Tokyo which was very worthwhile. Inquiry teaching is amazing and I think if I had been trained in it before I became a classroom teacher, I may have really enjoyed classroom teaching a lot more! Anyway, the first day was really good, but on the second day it was very difficult to stay focused (as it was Sunday and we had just worked a full week at school before flying on Friday evening into Tokyo and going right back to work the next morning) and I was having a hard time concentrating on what was going on around me.
In the workshop, we would talk about different things and then discuss them with the people at our table, reflecting on things together, and sharing. After the first morning tea break, I had gotten a chocolate chip cookie and was eating it. Then it was time to talk and share and I just didn't really feel like talking about it with the group at that point (because honestly my mind was wandering and I hadn't been paying attention to the directions), so I said, "I'm just going to sit here and eat my cookie. I'll let you all discuss." They kind of laughed at me, and someone else started talking.
Not three hours later, after lunch, we were back at our seats and my co-worker Catherine was checking her Yahoo email instead of listening intently. She started laughing and showed me the following news article from Yahoo Canada.
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/101120/national/alta_cookie_apology
Needless to say, the two of us cracked up as silently as we could in a room with about 60 people for the next 5 minutes or so. I'm still laughing about it today. I looked up the Youtube video and started laughing hysterically in the library this afternoon and all the kids were wondering why I was laughing so hard.
1 comment:
that video is absolutely hilarious!
Post a Comment