Well, we did it. We clicked the button. Actually, we clicked it a few weeks ago, but the deadline was just this Friday, Nov. 12th. That was the deadline for the faculty at our school whose contract is up at the end of this school year to decide whether they want to leave the school and go elsewhere, or stay at the school for one or two more years. There are incentives for signing on for one year, and even better incentives for signing for two years. There are a LOT of people whose contracts are up this year, as this is only the school's fifth year of existence, so it will be interesting to see how many stay and how many are moving on.
We decided to click the button to sign on for two more years. Yikes! It sounds like a long time! But, in all honesty, we feel peace about being here for a couple more years. While we've now been here about 2 1/2 years, it has gone by so fast and in reality, two more years does not really seem that long at all. Soon, we will have lived in Korea for more of our marriage than we lived in the U.S.! (I'm not sure that sentence is grammatically correct, but I'm not teaching English anymore :)
I have always been the kind of person that is thinking about the future, and where the "next" step is for me. When I was in high school, all I could think about was getting to college. When I was in college, all I could think about was getting out of college and teaching. When I started teaching as a Title 1 teacher, all I could think about was having my own classroom. Then, it was when can I retire? haha When can I move away from Arkansas? But I have always had a hard time just thinking about the now and where I am now, and being content with it as that is where God has put me to serve, for such a time as this. I have to say, that since moving to Korea, I honestly feel peace about staying here for a while, and I am not constantly thinking about where will we move next, when will we go, etc. It is kind of an interesting feeling for me. Both Michael and I knew God was telling us to move to Korea, and we we both feel that we will be here until we know that He is telling us to go elsewhere. So, until that time comes, we are here!
Now, we just wait to see if our school decides they want to keep us on or get rid of us. ;) We'll let you know once we've officially signed the contracts.

2 comments:
Great news!! I am so excited for you!! I am so happy that you've found peace. You are such a sweet heart and I'm glad you are happy. God bless!!!
Thanks, Dana! We feel very blessed. It's a great thing. Hope you're doing well also!
Post a Comment