
Okay, so this is not in our house, but I mentioned it in the blog last night, and I took a photo of it tonight when I walked by on my way to eat dinner. Hehe I guess you could be "loving" someone while you are sitting inside a Dunkin' Donuts or something. Beats me.
"Beautiful Life" is the title of a photo album that Michael gave me for an anniversary gift. It was just so funny to read the ridiculously long sentence below the title that makes no sense, and doesn't have a period. We will put all of our cherished Korea photos in this album.
Smill Woman? What?! This was yet another gift from my loving husband. It is a pencil case that he bought me and stuffed with colored pencils, to go along with my nice sketch book that he bought so I can actually sit down and draw some while we are here in Korea. But, I just can't figure out what it is supposed to mean. I took it to work tonight and showed it around, and we were bewildered. Is it supposed to mean "Small Woman" or "Smile Woman" or maybe even "Smell Woman?" She is a fascinating superhero of some sorts it appears. We also wondered if there was a "Smill Man" out there somewhere. Let me know if you find one. Her cape is removeable pleather. haha
Okay, I was pretty proud of this card that I bought for Michael. Not only does the white girl look like she has too much freaky blush on, there is also lots of glitter on the heart, and read the caption below. My favorite line is, "Ever since I met you, things are looking pretty good." Another delightful fancy here in Korea is the gift bags (I know that's not a grammatically correct sentence but I don't care). They don't sell just plain, pretty gift bags with a design on them. They ALL have some sort of writing on them. Some talk about how sweet you are, or how much they love you, but this was my all time personal favorite one so far.
This bag looks cute and normal, but looks can be deceiving. Do you see the word Loving written in the bottom right corner?
Let's take a closer look, shall we??
If for some reason you can't read the font, here's what it says: People are always forgetting the important thing. But, you should not forget that. You are responsibleto somebody you got used to
Let's take a closer look, shall we??
If for some reason you can't read the font, here's what it says: People are always forgetting the important thing. But, you should not forget that. You are responsibleto somebody you got used toFirst of all, it never tells you what that important thing is! And the best new vocabulary word is: responsibleto Wow! Never heard that one before!! No wonder they hire so many foreigners to come teach English here. This is how many of the essays we grade look. :)
And in the stores they have TONS of little notebooks that have the most random sayings on them. I bought this one for Michael because it has a soccer ball on it. Let's get play!I hope you have enjoyed reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it! I think we will definitely continue to add Konglish photos as time goes on.
Here's one more photo, just because I have been waiting to get a good photo of a dog here. Many of the dogs here get their hair dyed. People seem to be very homogenous and don't dye their own hair, but they sure love to make their dogs look wild! I saw one little white dog with yellow ears and a yellow tail. Here's a dog that looks like he sat on a smurf or something.
He's like, "Please save me before they turn me into a blueberry!"
That's all, folks.




2 comments:
I used to get a kick out of a website called engrish.com
In Mexico, one of my favorite restaurants is "kuky fray chicken" :-)
Hope all goes well for you guys over there.
Mark
Hey guys.
Glad you had a happy anniversary and birthday! Michael, thanks for calling this morning. Sorry that i could not hear as I was on the bus! I understand about the ironing board now!
Mark M
Post a Comment