We're not the best at maintaining our blog...maybe one day we'll get better!

We live and teach at an international school in South Korea. We're starting our 4th year and are not sure when we'll end up leaving! We really love our jobs and we get to travel all over the world and see some amazing things. We feel very blessed to be living the lives we are, and all glory goes to God! He is our reason for living.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

First Kicks?!

Well...yes blog world, I am about 10 months behind on blogging but it's time to catch up now because, yes, I am pregnant!  I need to start chronicling this journey to motherhood.  So, I figured what a better time than now...since I think I am feeling our baby kick me right now! 

I am 16 1/2 weeks along and due at the end of March.  I thought it might be a few more weeks before I felt anything, but this has taken me aback while I've been trying to get motivated to do my grad school homework tonight!  Michael is gone late tonight--the HS volleyball team had a game in Daegu, a few hours away, and they are due home in about an hour and a half.  Hopefully he will get home before I go to bed so I can share the good news with him. :)

We're affectionately referring to our baby as "Rain Drop" right now.  Michael find this very humorous.  When we first found out we were pregnant this summer, I was very adamant about not having any little "pet" names for the baby...like peanut or bean or whatever.  Sometimes they just annoy me, I don't know why.  But then I decided, well, if we're going to have a pet name, I want to choose it myself!  So...I came up with the little Rain Drop.  I think it's fitting, and not many others can use that one. :)

Here is how we announced the baby on Facebook (because that's really the only way to announce things these days, isn't it?)...

I thought it was cute and a little bit clever.  I didn't want to do the typical "post your ultrasound picture as your profile photo so everyone knows you are pregnant" type thing.  haha I sound like such a wet blanket, hey?  I have also vowed not to create an album on Facebook of pregnancy photos, week-by-week.  Of course I am taking the photos, but the only people that I am sending those to are my mom and mother-in-law (and occasionally some friends, but not every week)! 

If you DO like to see growing tummy photos, I will share some with you on this blog over the course of the next 5 months.  Stay tuned...

No comments: