We had an interview with an international school in Seoul this morning and it went really well! They have a few openings in the elementary school (K, 2nd and 5th) and a position as a MS/HS Bible teacher along with a few ESL classes. I told them I would be most interested in 2nd grade. We met with the principal, who is a very sweet Korean lady, the elementary head teacher and the chaplain (who are actually married to each other). We felt very comfortable there and the school seems like such a good environment—they have small class sizes and it seems to be a kind of a close-knit community, where we would really enjoy teaching. The principal called me after the interview to let me know that she had spoken with her boss and there are a few issues with visas since Michael is not a certified teacher and does not have 2 years of experience, but they have a couple of ways to work it out, which might involve him getting a certificate through ACSI. She did say that if things work out with that, that they would like to send us contracts! So, now we have to make a decision! Haha, Well, I am supposed to hear from the first school I interviewed with sometime this week hopefully and if that works out as well, then we will have to choose between the two schools. So, we are praying that God will just make it clear to us which way to go. Both schools seem to have a lot of positive points, so I think we would be happy at either place. We are trying to think long-term here, because we may end up staying in Korea for a while if that’s what the Lord tells us to do! So anyway, please pray for us, that we will have a clear direction from the Lord and make the right decisions in this process. The thought of having 2 job offers is a blessing considering the economy right now, so I know we are very blessed! Thanks for praying!!
~Leslie
~Leslie
1 comment:
Jake and I are praying with you!
Post a Comment