


In my last class I asked my students and found out that it is actually spelled "ajumma." They told me first, "if you are married, then you are ajumma," but I said that I am married and I am not an ajumma! So then they said, "when you have child, you are ajumma." So I guess I am not an ajumma yet. I mean, I am 29, almost 30 in Korean age (it's so confusing--basically when you are born you are one, and then you turn two on New Year's), so I am getting closer to ajumma status, however, they did say that most Korean women do not have children until they are like 29 or 30 or so, which makes me feel not so old! :)
Here is a link to an old blog I found that describes ajummas quite well...
http://www.johnhofmann.com/koreablog/2004/06/q-what-are-ajumma-and-ajoshi.html
Here is a link to an old blog I found that describes ajummas quite well...
http://www.johnhofmann.com/koreablog/2004/06/q-what-are-ajumma-and-ajoshi.html
I am having too much fun at work tonight!! I promise I will update soon on our lives!!
~Leslie
1 comment:
Hey, I just now realized you have a new blog. I've been missing out. Also, the fact that you're not an ajumma must automatically mean you are still young, cute, and attractive by your definition of an ajumma. So that's pretty cool.
Post a Comment