We're not the best at maintaining our blog...maybe one day we'll get better!

We live and teach at an international school in South Korea. We're starting our 4th year and are not sure when we'll end up leaving! We really love our jobs and we get to travel all over the world and see some amazing things. We feel very blessed to be living the lives we are, and all glory goes to God! He is our reason for living.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Counting Down!

It is officially the last week of school for me (Leslie), and Michael is "officially" done working on roofs before we leave for South Korea.  According to my countdown we will be leaving the country in about 16 days!  It is coming so fast!  Here are our plans for the next few weeks:

I just got back tonight from Las Cruces, New Mexico visiting with my best friends since 3rd/4th grade (Amber & Christina), and Chris's new baby Lily!  She is so precious!  I will post pics probably tomorrow.  

Michael left today to go visit his best friend, Tim, in Nashville.  Tim is moving from NC to Auburn, AL to teach at the U of Auburn and is visiting his family in Nashville this weekend, so Michael went to see him until Tuesday.  

My last day of work is Friday.  Friday night we are going to Riverfest in Little Rock with our friends Lindsay and Brent Wilson to see Huey Lewis & the News (just discovered this and am so excited!!), Merle Haggard and Shooter Jennings (son of Waylon).  Ha ha, also Arrested Development will be there!  "Tennessee.."  This will be our last time to hang out with the Wilsons because they leave Saturday for a 2 week backpacking trip in Europe and we will be gone before they get back.  Sad. :(  They have been good friends to us this year and we will miss them!

We are hoping to schedule our interview with the Korean embassy for Tuesday, May 27th.  Yes, we have to have an interview with the Koreans at the embassy in Houston, TX.  I'm calling tomorrow.  I'm a little nervous about this interview, but of course Michael is not.  I don't think he gets nervous about anything.  It kind of makes me sick. :)

We are planning to drive down to Houston on Monday, May 26th (Memorial Day).  This is also Rachel's due date (Michael's sister who lives in Houston) and we are anticipating little Phoebe to be born on time or shortly thereafter!  We will hopefully get to meet Phoebs while we are in Houston and then head back to Searcy around that Friday the 30th to finish getting ready to go--taking care of last minute things and wrapping everything up.  

We have not booked a flight yet, but we were told to look for a flight that we like and let our recruiters know and the school will book & pay for it.  This is awesome!  It is nice to not stress about the rising cost of airfares!  We are thinking we will fly out of Little Rock on Tuesday, June 3rd, and will arrive in Korea the next day.   

Oh, we also have to get everything moved out of our house and furniture sold and stuff put into storage at my in-laws and stuff, which we are going to try to get done before we leave for Houston, so someone new can move into our house ASAP!  

So, we have a lot to get done in the next 16 days.  Please just say a little prayer for us if you think about it!  I am trying to just stay calm and not stress because I don't need to trigger my colon and so far it's doing pretty good.  God is so good--I have a great pharmacy with wonderful pharmacists who I go to church with, and was able to get my prescription meds filled for the next 3 months so I will have plenty to last me until our health insurance kicks in in Korea!  That is such a blessing!  Also, my nurse practitioner  loaded me up with enough free samples of my birth control so that I won't have to worry with trying to find something that works over the counter and doesn't make me crazy! :)  So, just in case you were wondering, we won't be planning to have any little ones born while we are in Korea.  

Alright, I am going to go to bed.  Michael will probably say that I have posted TMI (too much information) which I probably have, but oh well!  Here's to a great week!

4 comments:

The McDowells said...

I can't believe you are going in about 2 weeks! If you come through Dallas to see your family here, you definately need to give me a call!

richlibrarian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kyle & Susie Rhodes said...

Leslie,
Wow! Just reading what y'all are doing in the next 16 days makes me tired! I will be thinking of you both as you get everything done & as you transition to life in Korea. Keep us posted on what's going on while you are over there, especially those of us (myself included) who have not ventured outside the U.S. that much! The best to you!

richlibrarian said...

this is so exciting. after it's all said and done, you'll have to give me any tips you've got on packing for leaving the country.

also, your colon....my heart. i can't imagine how crazy it's gonna go when i get to where you are now.