We're not the best at maintaining our blog...maybe one day we'll get better!

We live and teach at an international school in South Korea. We're starting our 4th year and are not sure when we'll end up leaving! We really love our jobs and we get to travel all over the world and see some amazing things. We feel very blessed to be living the lives we are, and all glory goes to God! He is our reason for living.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Beth Moore kills me! :)

Go to this website and read the blog post called "You're Killing Me" posted April 26th. 


It's Beth Moore's blog site, where she and her daughters post.  Every once in a while I read it and this just made me laugh out loud tonight.  If you've done any of Beth's Bible studies with the videos, you know how hilarious and quirky she is, and I can just totally see her doing this!  Proof that she is human just like the rest of us!  I have just finished the second bible study of hers that I've done in the last 6 months, and I have just been so blessed by being in the Word of God on a (close to) daily basis!  That has always been a struggle for me in my daily walk is really being in the Word and studying it--not just reading it and forgetting what I read a few minutes later, but truly meditating on it and hiding it in my heart.  Up until recently, I don't think in my 16 years as a follower of Christ had I ever truly experienced the power and the confidence that comes from studying God's word regularly!  It has helped me tremendously over the past few months through some very rough times in my life, in ways I would never have imagined.  And what is amazing to me is that the Lord was preparing me to be able to deal with the things that I was thrown, by putting me in the power of His word.  His word is truly sharper than any double-edged sword, and He uses it to prune us and shape us.  

"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. " Hebrews 4:12

Praise the Lord for His word!  Praise the Lord for godly teachers like Beth who encourage us in our faith!

1 comment:

Kyle & Susie Rhodes said...

Leslie, I can totally relate to your experience with the Spirit of God working in your life through the Beth Moore studies. It's awesome to see how God is using her for His purposes. Praise God for what His Spirit is teaching you!