We're not the best at maintaining our blog...maybe one day we'll get better!

We live and teach at an international school in South Korea. We're starting our 4th year and are not sure when we'll end up leaving! We really love our jobs and we get to travel all over the world and see some amazing things. We feel very blessed to be living the lives we are, and all glory goes to God! He is our reason for living.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Almost Finished!

Well, I figured that it was about time to update seeing as how we are in our final week of working at Avalon English! I (Leslie) only have 3 more days of work and then I am finished! I fly to the US on Saturday, May 30th! Michael finishes next Thursday, June 4th, and will fly to Denver on June 5th. We are really looking forward to our busy but hopefully relaxing summer in the US. It is coming at a good time, I think, with all the stuff that is going on with North Korea right now. I am not really sure how seriously to take their threats, since the South Koreans don't really seem too bothered by it...however, I think I will feel a little safer at home for the next 2 months! I just want all of my friends here in South Korea to be safe as well. Let's pray for North Korea and the whole situation to be resolved peacefully! Just in case you haven't been keeping up with what's going on, here is a link to a recent article on yahoo news (where I get ALL of my news! ha!).

We will probably update the blog when we get home and spend some time reflecting on our first year in Korea. I'm looking forward to having some down time to spend digesting all that we've experienced this past year.

I have updated our contact info. on the side bar of this blog. Please don't send any mail to our old address at Charmant Officetel. Our new address is actually our new school, so if you happen to send something there, it should be there waiting for us when we get back, and safe. :) If you want to get in touch with us this summer, I will try to set it up so that our skype number gets forwarded to whoever's cell phone is with us (either our parents or siblings or friends), so feel free to call the Little Rock number on the side of the page.

YEAY! We are so excited to come home for a nice long visit. Korea is great, but there is no place like home. :) Please keep us in your prayers as we will be traveling a lot!

I will leave you with a couple of photos from our new camera. This is at the Insadong Lantern Festival for Buddha's Birthday, back on May 2nd. This was at a temple in Seoul.






This was at a cool tea house in Insadong that I really like.

And here we are at On The Border, waiting for our Mexican food!! :)

Love you!
~Leslie (& Michael)

3 comments:

The McDowells said...

I am excited to see you guys! I was thinking of you guys earlier today when I was watching the news with all the stuff going on over there.

Jody and Ruth Been said...

yay! hope we can see you on tuesday! call us if you need to change plans. hugs from us!

The McDowells said...

Are you back there yet??? Update your blog!