We're not the best at maintaining our blog...maybe one day we'll get better!

We live and teach at an international school in South Korea. We're starting our 4th year and are not sure when we'll end up leaving! We really love our jobs and we get to travel all over the world and see some amazing things. We feel very blessed to be living the lives we are, and all glory goes to God! He is our reason for living.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring flowers are in bloom!


I went to Yeouido Island for the Spring Flower Festival a few weeks ago on a Friday morning with some ladies from our Wednesday morning Bible study group. This is the time of year when the cherry blossoms are in bloom ALL over the place! Yeouido has so many cherry blossom trees and it was such a beautiful place and a beautiful day. All of the other ladies had really nice DSLR cameras with changeable lenses, so they were taking really high-tech and awesome photos. However, I was pretty impressed with how my photos turned out with my little digicam. Here are some photos of the cherry blossoms, as well as some other flowers. They had some tulips, which are my favorite flower. As you can tell, these pictures were
taken before I got my hair cut. I actually got it cut the next day because I was looking at these pictures and decided that my hair looked really bad. :) Hooray for spring and new life! I like this photo of the monk standing on the street.































































































































































Here I am with my friends: Michelle, Katherine, Amy, and Soyon. We asked a man to take our photo under the trees, but he didn't really get the trees.



























This guy was pretty cool. At first we just thought he was a crazy man hula hooping in the street, so we decided to take some pictures. Then, my friend Amy started talking to him and he pulled out his wallet. We thought he was going to make us pay him for taking his picture, but he gave her his business card, and it turns out he was the torch-bearer in the Seoul Olympics in 1988! He was pretty proud and it was cute, so we took our photo with him. See, the hula hoops are like Olympic rings! :)




















































We had a great day! Looking forward to going back next year!
~Leslie

No comments: